Friday 7 June 2019

the film that marked my life

Through the years it have released a lot of masterpieces, especially at the past century, so, to me, is hard to choose one favourite movie. There's a lot of movies that I have seen in my life, but there's movies that have impacted me, American History X. 

The movie belows to crime genre and drama and tell us a story of a neo-Nazi called Derek Vinyard that goes to prison after killing two black men who tried to steal his car. Here comes one of the more iconic scenes in the history of movies and most favourites to me, when he forces to one of the two mans to open the mouth against the sidewalk and hit his head with his foot, it is repulsive, but introduces us magnificently the personality of this character at this time of the story. When he goes to jail we can see a progressive change in his mind caused by various events that mark him (if you want to know, you have to watch it) and when he get out from it, he have to face those people that he knew before entering to jail and were in this neo-Nazi world. Something that I don't tell you is that his younger brother also was in this world, so Derek is going to try to protect him form these people, this fight seems to me really awesome.

I watched this movie for first time 2 years ago, it shocked me. It's so wonderful how this movie introduces us the violence of the streets can reach at the current era, how the government forgets its people and how ignorance and influences can make a person to adopt an entire ideology of violence. 

I totally recommend this movie. You can see in it since hatred to sadness, it have an excellent developing of its main characters, the performances are great and the script is the best part of all. If you watch it, it will give you a lot to think about.






6 comments:

  1. this films sound so interesting that i have to see it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks interesting, i hope to see one of these days and be able to comment with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to see this film soon, it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't see this movie, but so you say is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete